A NEW FAT KNOCKING YOUR DOOR – “OMEGA 7”
If you’re frequently exploring ways to recover your diet, possibilities are you’ve already encountered omega-3 fats. It’s a heart healthy fat helpful for maintaining normal growth and development and functioning of your brain. As a matter of fact, our bodies are unable to produce omega-3s thus, we have to get it by means of diet, and it’s called an essential fat. Dietary sources, on the other hand, are confined to the fat of cold-water fish such as tuna, salmon, and halibut. For this reason, several individuals may prefer to take this fat as a supplement.
In order to maintain an optimal health, stability between omega-3s and omega-6s fatty acids should be maintained. In the planet of essential fats, omega-3s fats may take centre stage, but a new contestant is drumming up some hard-earned interest and the name is “omega-7 fats”. Omega-7 fats are well-constituted with fatty acids known as palmitoleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fat (MUFA), not a polyunsaturated fat (PUFA) like omega-3 and -6. Omega-7 exhibits its health supporting effects in a unique manner as compared to omega-3 and -6 fats. Omega-3 fats get amalgamated with anti-inflammatory molecules in order to condense active low-grade inflammation, which is a process associated with the incidence of complex illnesses. But omega-7 fats work just like lipokines, hormone-like substances that monitors signals between isolated tissues in order to regulate energy balance in the body. Above all, omega 7 fats are known to regulate the cell signals between the fat and muscle tissues. This regulation assists in maintaining the usage of energy and its storage by tissues in the body.
OMEGA-7 FATS: High in antioxidants, carotenoid, beta-carotene, phytosterols, and vitamins E and C. Diet plays a key role in supporting inflammation, excess sugar storage, poor glucose control, and tissue damage – complaints distinctively coupled with metabolic syndrome.
Metabolic syndrome is a condition characterized by 5 health problems including:
- Elevated cholesterol levels
- Poor sugar control
- Central obesity
- Chronic inflammation
Luckily, omega-7 aims at each of these 5 aspects with a purpose of preventing and treating metabolic syndrome. Omega-7 is a powerful and very effective anti-inflammatory molecule that has a tendency to decrease NF-kappa B, a chief proinflammatory complex. In addition, the nutrient improves glycemic control, levels of cholesterol and regulates weight. Omega-7 is an amazing nutrient that elevates the levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers triglycerides and LDL (bad cholesterol). It also works in the same way as medications that are used in the treatment of diabetes and high cholesterol, without causing detrimental side effects. Food products including sea buckthorn as well as macadamia nuts are a good source of this fat, omega-7. It is a high-grade supplement to lookout against metabolic syndrome and encourages wellness.
Omega-7 is a little acknowledged fatty acid which does wonders for health. This rare fat exerts promising effects on the digestive as well as cardiovascular health and gives people a complete health boost so they can go about their lives in an improved way. Also, a benefit for hair, skin, and nails thus, referred to as the ‘Beauty Omega’. Sea buckthorn is a rich source of vitamin C – almost 15 times as much as oranges and contains the utmost concentrations of Omega 7 fatty acids in a vegetarian form.
While more individuals know the use and benefits of Omega 7 fats for heart, many are still not aware of all the gains that this little fat delivers, and more significantly, the type of Omega 7 you must try to find. So, we generated this list:
- Hair, Skin and Nails: Omega 7 is just brilliant for promoting the health of the skin. It is of great help for renewing the skin’s natural omega balance, guarding the skin cells and healing of skin cells. The doctors suggest it for battling with the symptoms of premature ageing like skin dryness and wrinkles.
- Gastrointestinal Health: Omega 7 improves the health of the gastric mucous membranes and offers great assistance in healing the gastric ulcers. Weak mucous membranes are the common reason for a number of common digestive health disputes. Here, Omega 7 can help restore the gastric tissue and mucosal membranes.
- Mucous Membrane Health and Dryness: The human body is composed of a complicated network of mucous membranes, serving a fundamental role in protecting our health. The oral supplementation with this fatty acid can facilitate chronic dryness linked problems. Whether it is the chronic eye dehydration, improvement from chemotherapy procedures or menopause, or disorders like Sjogren’s syndrome, Omega 7 may be the best answer in all the cases.
- Cardiovascular Health: Omega 7 exerts promising effects for maintaining healthy levels of cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar.
- Improves Mental Health: Omega-7 fatty acids are known to exert a positive effect on depressive signs in people suffering from bipolar disorder.
- Better Appetite Control: Research proves that omega 7 keeps hunger pangs at bay. It has been identified to assist leptin, the hormone that regulates the satiety centre, perform its job in a healthy way, making you feel full. In addition, it aids in improving your bowel movements and arresting that useless increase in body weight.
- Omega 7 Turns Calories into Energy (Not Fat): It has been revealed to trim down the process of lipogenesis and increasing the oxidation of fatty acids, directing them toward energy outflow and clear of storage. In other words, Omega 7 speeds up your metabolism to help you burn your calories more rapidly than you can store them as unnecessary fat.
- Strengthen Bones and Teeth: Omega-7 is rich in minerals such as magnesium, phosphorous and manganese. Manganese in Sea Buckthorn allows the body to build up bone tissue and for this reason helps in the rejuvenation of bones; also preventing joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis.
As mentioned above, Omega-7 has got a list of potential health benefits, even so, turning out to be a popular supplement. Many more studies are underway showing its promising results. Omega-7 is thought to be enormously important weapon in shielding our health and quality of life.