Antioxidants: Yours Saviour!
Munch in “ANTIOX” to win the fight vs. free radicals!!
Oxygen is both a blessing and a curse. Humans need oxygen in order to live, yet the simple act of breathing in oxygen results in the formation of highly reactive molecules called free radicals. When these free radicals interact with other molecules such as proteins or genes in the body, it can result in the development of a wide range of illnesses and diseases such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Eye disease
- Heart disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
How free radicals are formed and how they damage our cells?
To generate energy, our cells remove electrons from sugars, fatty acids and amino acids and add them to other molecules, especially oxygen. This removing of electrons gives rise to highly reactive, unstable particles known as free radicals.
These bad boys, called free radicals, are constantly on the hunt for spare electrons to stabilize themselves. Therefore, they always try to steal nearby an electron, which means the healthy cell next door loses some of its electrons, therefore becoming a free radical in its own right. In order to counteract such dangerous free radicals, our body has been beautifully designed to produce Antioxidants.
Free radicals harm our body cells thoroughly due to “oxidation”. Left unhindered, oxidation causes chaos with cellular mechanism, together with DNA, augmenting our risk for chronic disorders such as cancer and aging. As a result, we must take ANTI-oxidants, to neutralize these risky free radicals before they damage our cells… Free radicals can result into many diseases as they upset the internal system of the body. Therefore, a balance between free radicals and antioxidants is very important to stay away from wide range of diseases.
Makes sense, so it’s an easy sell.
Free radicals occur naturally within the body and most of them get detoxified by our body’s antioxidants. But, there are certain external factors that can trigger the production of these damaging free radicals. These factors include:
- Excessive exposure to UV rays
- Eating an unhealthy diet
- Excessive exercise
- Certain medications and/or treatments
Therefore, a proper stability between antioxidants and free radicals is essential for good physiological working.
Antioxidants can be found in:
- Vitamin C: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, berries, strawberries, cauliflower, kiwi, mango, tomatoes, grapefruit, orange, papaya, sweet potato, and green, red or yellow peppers.
- Beta-carotene and other carotenoids: beets, broccoli, apricots, asparagus, green peppers, tomatoes, carrots, corn, mangoes, spinach, turnip, peaches, pumpkin, sweet potato and watermelon.
- Vitamin E: nuts, papaya, broccoli, avocado, mustard, mangoes, pumpkin, spinach (boiled), red peppers and sunflower seeds.
- Selenium: Brazil nuts, poultry, tuna, beef, fortified breads and other grain products.
- Zinc: beans, nuts, oysters, red meat, seafood, whole grains and dairy products.
The safest means to counteract free radicals with antioxidants is to include these above stated antioxidant-rich foods into your diet plan. Cooking tip: To get the greatest profits of antioxidants, you are required to eat these foods raw or lightly steamed. Remember not to overcook or boil them.
Now, let me brief you the benefits of antioxidants:
- Healthy glowing skin
- Slower aging process
- Support detoxification
- Lowered cancer risk
- Longer life span
How antioxidants work in our body?
To understand the working of antioxidants in body, it’s significant to know something about oxidation. In body cells, oxygen is continuously involved in chemical reactions in which electrons (charged atomic particles) are transferred about. Our body cells remove electrons from fatty acids, sugars and amino acids to liberate energy and add them to oxygen. This produces highly reactive, highly unstable free radicals, which join together with other elements. Free radicals are produced during usual cellular procedures, but also when we are exposed to UV rays, strong physical exertion, air pollution and tobacco smoke, take for example. Antioxidants act by sparing our body cells by getting oxidized themselves.
GOOD NEWS!!! HealthDiva presents you some well-liked dietary supplements rich in antioxidants.
- HealthDiva’s Bio-Curcumin With Piperine Capsules:
- Contains Turmeric or Curcuma longa extract and piperine (black pepper extract).
- NATURAL BOOSTER FOR YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM AND COMPLETE HEALTH. Curcumin plus turmeric capsule work as a powerful antioxidant in order to shield your body from free radicals that result in conditions like flu or common cold. This protection helps strengthen your immune system with zero side effects. HealthDiva wants to help you preserve optimal health all year round with its organic curcumin-turmeric complex.
- ENCOURAGES ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY. Curcuminoids present in the curcumin aids to sustain a healthy inflammatory response.
- HealthDiva’s Phycomax (Spirulina & Bio-Curcumin):
- High Protein – Each capsule contains Phycocyanin extracted from 12 grams of Spirulina.
- Anti-Oxidant, Loaded with Natural Vitamins, Natural Detoxifier.
- Oxidative Stress – The most researched benefit of Phycocyanin has been the inhibition of oxidative stress. Studies show that consuming phycocyanin has been proven to reduce all types of free radicals including peroxyl, hydroxyl, superoxides and alkoxyl. Oxidative stress is thought to be responsible for most of the degenerative disorders.
- HealthDiva’s Sea buckthorn oil:
- It is an extract of Sea buckthorn fruit comprising of palmitoleic acid, an omega-7 fatty acid. Palmitoleic acid is extracted from the sea buckthorn fruit and is a rich source of Omega 3, 6, 9 and 7 fatty acids as well as calcium and Vitamins A, C, E.
- It is a good antioxidant rich in terpenes, phenols and glucosides and helps to boost immunity.
- In addition, with the help of polyunsaturated fatty acids, Sea Buckthorn Oil may support healthy cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- HealthDiva’s BerryBlast:
Acai Berry formulation of high strength fruit blended with three other specially chosen constituents adds an extra anti-oxidant power – Blueberry, Grape seed extract and Pomegranate!
- Rich in antioxidants, fibres, proteins, minerals as well as unsaturated fatty acids.
- Promotes overall health and well-being by helping to battle against the cell-damaging free radicals that can have an effect on the skin, eyes, heart, immune system as well as joints.
- Immunomodulator and energy-booster.
Packing up on rich fruits and veggies, nuts, whole grains, & seeds just happens to be a grand way to fabricate an antioxidant army! With the HealthDiva health supplements, you can rest assure that all of our products will contain sources of antioxidants. For an added boost, opt for our supplements for sure!